Seeing is good; experiencing is better
Who better to mediate and educate about the Museum and its countless stories than our very own art historians? They will take you through the Museum’s highlights and divulge their exciting context.
We are also happy to organise an individual guided tour for your guests, customised to suit their preferences, or select special topics that might be dear to their hearts.
Popular topics for guided tours
- The Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna and the Habsburgs Overview tour
- The world’s largest collection of Bruegels Picture Gallery at the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
- Habsburg in private Kunstkammer at the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
- Crows and jewels of the Habsburgs Imperial Treasury Vienna
- Coaches and carriages of emperors Imperial Carriage Museum Vienna
- Sisi’s gowns Imperial Carriage Museum Vienna
We are a world leader in offering guided tours for the blind and visually impaired.
All the museums offer lots of exciting and entertaining theme-based tours for children too!
If you’re looking to tap into your own creative side, then we recommend the courses at our Workshops. There is also an extensive offer available for children and teenagers.
Audio guides in several languages are available at all the museums and collections of the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna. They provide our guests with extensive information about the art treasures of the Habsburgs, their history, and also the architecture of the Museum itself. Enclosed in the supplement is a list of the language combinations available at the individual museums of the KHM-Museumsverband.
Audioguide language combinations available at the individual museums:
- Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna German, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese Korean and Russian.
- Imperial Treasury Vienna German, English, Italian, French, Russian and Spanish
- Imperial Carriage Museum Vienna German, English, Italian, French and Russian
- Weltmuseum Wien: Multimediaguide: German and English
- Ambras Castle Innsbruck German, English, Italian and French
Public guided tours
Imperial Treasury Vienna
Highlight-tours, daily, except Tue: German: 3 p.m. / English: 4 p.m.
Imperial Carriage Museum Vienna
Guided tours, every Sunday at 11 a.m. only in German.
Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
Highlight-tours to the Egyptian and Near Eastern Collection and the Collection of Greek and Roman Antiquities:
German: every Sunday at 11 a.m. / English: every Sunday at 12 a.m.
Highlight-tours to the Picture Gallery and the Kunstkammer:
German and English: every Sunday at 4 p.m.
We offer a wide range of guided tours and lectures in German on many different subjects and themes in all our collections.
Duration 1 hour, fee Euro 3,- per person